Hurtigruten is a 125-year-old start-up. In business since 1893, we are now the world leader in expedition cruising and the world’s most sustainable cruise operator.
Hurtigruten offers unique adventure travel experiences in more than 250 pristine and adventurous destinations from pole to pole.
We are now seeking tech-pioneering digital explorers to break new boundaries within the digital world. Our goal is to create a ground-breaking online guest experience. We aim to impress our guests from their very first click and keep impressing them throughout their expedition cruises in the Arctic, Antarctic and non-polar waters.
As part of the next stage of our global growth, we are looking for digital talents and strategists who will strengthen our brand within an agile and international team dedicated to delivering state of the art digital solutions.
7 reasons to love work and life in Oslo
- With only 600,000 inhabitants and almost everything within walking distance, Oslo is one of the most uncrowded and laidback capitals in the world. It is also surprisingly multicultural and almost everyone speaks very good English.
- At the forefront of modern Scandinavian and international culture, Oslo’s food and party scene is varied and top quality. Whether hanging out at Aker Brygge or Grunerløkka, you’ll be spoilt for choice.
- Whichever way you look, enjoy views of the surrounding mountains, lakes, fjords, and islands. Norway’s nature is perfect for mental health and active outdoor lifestyles.
- Don’t be fooled by their direct way of speaking or tough exterior, Norwegians are friendly, warm, funny, and loyal. Once you get to know them, you’ll be friends for life.
- A healthy work-life balance, equality, low crime rate, and socialist values contribute to Norway being ranked as one of the happiest places on Earth. Come work here and you’ll find out why for yourself.
- Our headquarters are located in central Oslo, directly opposite the famous Oslo Opera House which frequently hosts interesting events and exhibitions.
- We enjoy modern, well equipped offices with a subsidised cantina for lunches. You’ll find the office culture inspirational and the atmosphere friendly and fun.
The Hurtigruten Difference
Working at Hurtigruten, you and your team will…
- Become part of our prestigious 125-year maritime history. Our traditional voyage along the stunning Norwegian coastline is one of the most sought-after cruise experiences in the world.
- Be proud to build up and take a Norwegian brand global.
- Join a truly agile organisation that empowers employees to make decisions for the best of our guests, the environment and the company.
- Work with exciting expedition destinations such as Svalbard and Greenland in the Arctic, warm water sailings in Central America and the Caribbean, and all the way south to epic Antarctica.
- Work for a company leading the way in sustainability. We are the first cruise line to carry out a fleet-wide ban of all single-use plastic and we’ve just built the world’s first hybrid-powered expedition ship.
- Benefit from strong internal support and financial investment with digital being a major focus area.
- Be innovators who enjoy the creativity of a ‘start-up’ like culture, collaborating closely to design and drive a smooth, customer-centric, digital experience.
Tomas thinks there are lots of opportunities for you to lead the way
“Working for Hurtigruten, I’ve found just what I was looking for: the opportunity to take the lead and have responsibility for digital development in a company. Instead of implementing some idea or piece of technology someone else had already decided on, Hurtigruten will put you in the driver’s seat, trust you to make the right call and get the job done. It’s awesome. In the day-to-day work, it feels more like a start-up company where everything is about scaling up fast and expanding globally to deliver an amazing experience for our guests (both digitally and on the voyage itself). That’s not only reflected in the fast-growing organization, but also on the technology side where cross-functional digital product teams use automation, DevOps and Agile practices to deliver a world-class customer experience. Forget about heavy processes and bureaucracy, it’s all about delivering value for our customers in the best and fastest way possible – using the leading tools and technologies.”Tomas Zijdemans,
Digital Architect, Norway
What does Kirra think about Norwegian work culture?
“The best thing about working in Norway is that the work-life balance is really balanced. My team is also amazing to work with! They’re over-achievers and it can get chaotic sometimes, but we always manage to laugh and support each other. Specifically working at Hurtigruten, I really like the product and working in the tourism industry. I enjoy travelling to more off-the-beaten-track destinations and Hurtigruten does just that”Kirra Loh,
Global Digital Manager, Australia
– Hurtigruten is investing in highly skilled people to become the preferred choice of travel for those explorers wanting to experience the most beautiful and remote destinations in the world, from the majestic Norwegian coastline we call home to the intricate icebergs of Antarctica.
- Agile CoachFull-time in Oslo, Norway
- Data Driven SpecialistFull-time in Oslo, Norway
- DevOps EngineerFull-time in Oslo, Norway
- Frontend DeveloperFull-time in Oslo, Norway
- Full Stack DeveloperFull-time in Oslo, Norway
- IT Maritime Project ManagerFull-time in Oslo, Trondheim, Norway
- Lead Frontend DeveloperFull-time in Oslo, Norway
- Lead DevOps EngineerFull-time in Oslo, Norway
- Lead Full Stack DeveloperFull-time in Oslo, Norway